- We are holding a Spanish passport, so all this info is based on that (UE is mostly the same).
- Applied Visa in Georgia (Tbilisi).
- 3 days needed to get the visa.
Welcome to the most tricky and curvy dish we have ever cooked. To cook this dish you need te best
- Passport with validity of at least 6 months and 2 empty pages.
- Passport photocopy.
- 1 passport photo size.
- 61 or 91 GEL cash to pay at the embassy.
- Full itinerary in China (We will explain it better below).
- This Visa application form filled up.
- Be convinced you are not a tourist in Georgia.
- Chinese Embassy location (41°42′16.49″N 44°46′55.97″E).
- Opening hours; 9:30h-11:30h Mon, Wed and Fri for picking and colecting.
- Are you a tourist in Georgia?
- No matter what, the answer must be NO; say traveller, volunteer, or simply stay with NO tourist. Otherwise, they will say “Sorry we don’t issue visas to foreigners”. Then you are doomed.
- Do you have a residence or work permir in Georgia?
- No need! Nationals of 94 countries have
visa-freestay of 365 days in Georgia (Check them all to see if you are in). Meaning you don’t need a residence or work permit to stay over Georgia for 1 full year.
- If you are able to dodge these two questions you are more than welcome to apply the Chinees Visa in Georgia as a Georgian citizen.
- There you can apply for 60 days visa with 3 months validity (single entree and 60Gel) or 6 months validity (double entree 90Gel) This means you have to enter the country within 3 or 6months from receiving it. So, you can enter the day before the visa expires, and then still enjoy China for 60 days before exiting (if you have double entree you can do that two times).
- To apply for the visa you need to handle all the ingredients at once. For the full itinerary in China indeed you need everything. Flight, train and hotel booked for every single day you are willing to stay in China. Booked doesn’t mean bought, just a simple reservation. It doesn’t matter how much this will cost you, in the embassy, they don’t care as long as you tell them you can cover all the expenses. Once you get the Visa you can cancel all the booking, not before in
casethey want to check it out.
- They might ask you some questions about the itinerary, so in case you made everything up, like us, try to study the plan a little bit.
- They will probably keep your passport for 3 working days before you can get your visa if everything is in order, as they say.
- After 3 days you need to pay 60 or 90 GEL plus 1GEL to make the machine work. Fair enough.
- Welcome to China!
Tips to make this dish a bit more digestible
- This is our story, it may change from county to county, day to day, nationality to nationality… So double check all this info. For this visa, we were using the useful information of the official website embassy and Caravanistan.
- Try to get in touch with actual travellers in forums and real life. It’s a huge community ready to help. There are lots of forums on the internet.
- Be there before opening to avoid a queue, you will face two queues, one for applying or for picking up.
- You don’t need to go suit up but try to avoid shorts and flip-flops. The first impression might help for any issue you could face.